Tuesday 21 June 2011

~Shopping for Essentials~

I try to be frugal in many ways in my daily life, but I do lapse and have a splurge on my dearest favourite things from time to time. I treated myself to some 'essentials' whilst at Gardener's World Live and the BBC Good Food Show this weekend.  First purchase was Thunder Toffee Vodka - absolutely delicious and I can't wait to think of a dessert to use it in next time people come round. Next purchase was a plant for my shady quiet corner of the garden; Heuchera 'Electra' from Heucheraholics in the floral marquee; whose stand I loved.

And finally we visited the David Austin Roses stand; who had an unmissable offer for 2 roses for £25. I chose Rosa 'The Pilgrim', a gorgeous pale yellow rose with scents of tea rose and myrrh.

Rosa 'The Pilgrim'
We came away happy, carrying our purchases in their sturdy David Austin sacks. Roll on next June!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x