Sunday 22 May 2011

~Lovely weekend~

The village has looked great with the Royal Wedding Union Jacks blowing in the wind, most of the shops and houses on the main street have joined in, and lovely that the flags are still there to celebrate the village Gala this weekend.


A great time was had by all on Saturday afternoon and better still it stayed fine and sunny.  It's not so nice today so, what better to do on this wild and windy Sunday, than to get baking; radio on, pinny on, oven on...I made gorgeous lemon curd earlier in the week with eggs from my friend's hens and thought I'd use the duck eggs today to make the blueberry muffins, each containing a hidden blob of lemon curd in the centre.  The lemon curd is made from an old Marguerite Patten recipe and always tastes gorgeous, but this batch was a lovely custard yellow, thanks to the happy eggs...
The muffin concoction is a tried and tested one, which like many others is handwritten in my polka dot book of favourite recipes that sits atop the other favourite cookbooks in the kitchen.

My copy of 'What to Eat Now' is always kept on the left as Valentine Warner's face makes me smile. Sad but true. Time to get ready for the working week now; but at least my lovely colleagues and I can have a blueberry and lemon curd muffin as a Monday morning treat; if there's any left by then... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x