Saturday 10 September 2011

~Car Boot Sale in York~

I was early to arrive at York racecourse Car Boot Sale this morning in the mizzle/drizzle, as other members of the family were up and off to work and sports clubs. A real treat to go on my own, this is a regular large car boot sale at York racecourse with the fab backdrop of the old Terry's chocolate factory. Free entry and free parking is a bonus too. More details here. I was so excited; the anticipation of what I might find was almost unbearable! A few pictures of lovely finds now;

Retro St. Michael pillowcases

1950's Midwinter teapot (damaged but lovely)


Vintage floral picture

Vintage eiderdown fabric

Handknitted cream blanket

Handknitted cardigan

We also have another local car boot sale tomorrow so I'll be up early again....

5 comments:

  1. Oh what treasures. I love everything you found and would have bought them too! I bought a Midwinter teaset this morning- it had everything but the teapot , but it's a different design to yours. At £2 for the lot I couldn't resist- it's destined for the dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great price for Midwinter...have you started your dresser renovation yet? I would definitely go to York again - there were stalls with bigger items and furniture too, not like a usual car boot at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No progress on the dresser yet, but I keep gathering treasures to go on it! Our bedroom is in progress, we aim to do KL's at half term , and then the kitchen might finally get some attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of your floral picture, it's beautiful and I love tulips so am very green.

    I've never been to this boot before but it sounds like it would be worth getting up early for. Might try to make it along before they finish this year. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your fabric finds are amazing! I'm very jealous :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x