Friday 22 August 2014

~Renovated chairs~

More painting and renovating today.  Two of my chairs were on their last legs :)  They needed replacing before they collapsed.  These 2 lovelies came free from family - good quality solid dining chairs, just very worn and old. Cue me donning my Summer Outfit again - no not a Boden nautical holiday ensemble, but a pair of paint spattered shorts and t-shirt. The season's must-have outfit don't you know!?
Here they are... 

I think they were 'Old Charm' or something similar. I used a coat of primer as they were so dark, then 3 thin coats (so no drips!) of trusty Farrow and Ball eggshell in New White.

 
 
The 'drop-in' seat pads were covered in a neutral twill fabric I had already using my staple gun. No sewing required.

 
 
I know I've shown this before, but here is my dining area, with furniture acquired relatively cheaply and renovated.

 

 Green chairs - Ebay, M&S solid quality chairs, 4 for £30. Painted in F&B Cooking Apple Green
Table - Ebay, cost £50 but was a state. I gave it a good sand and painted the legs in F&B
Dresser - gifted from a friend, just needed a few coats of paint
Vintage ceramic chicken - £3 car boot sale

I am also linking to Frugal Queen's room renovation post yesterday. I hope more people feel inspired to re-purpose rather than buy buy buy. I've always tarted thing up because I've had to make do and mend rather than buy new.  However, I like the process too,  and rather than resenting the fact I can't afford expensive painted furniture from Laura Ashley or Barker and Stonehouse, I feel blessed that I can turn my hand to most things.
I'm now off for a shower to scrub the paint splatters off my legs :)

9 comments:

  1. Very impressive, the chairs are wonderful and your room is a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant renovation, I much prefer doing up something old, much better made! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table and chairs are beautiful! I would rather have repurpose than new any time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow i love what you ave done with your table and chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done a wonderful job on your furniture Sally. I much prefer old furniture. I renovated a table and chairs for K and A as their Christmas gift last year. I loved them so much I wanted to keep them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty homely room, and the furniture is just perfect,
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the chairs! Your dining room is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finding high quality information like this online has become rare. I must say I'm super impressed by your dedication to provide us with valuable info on such scale. We try to make dreams come true for people who want the NCLEX CERTIFICATE FOR SALE ONLINE​ ​ to better their lives. Keep up the good work mate. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x