Tuesday 20 September 2011

~I ♥ Eiderdown fabric ~

I bought some scraps of eiderdown fabric from a lovely lady at York Car Boot a couple of weeks ago and have debated what to do with it. I didn't want to add it to my stash because, to me, eiderdown fabric is the Queen of Cloth - I could look at it all day long.   I love Cath Kidston paisley fabric and eiderdowns too, but I prefer the muted soft colours and the feel of an old 1930s or 1940s quilt. I've never been lucky enough in my thrifting to find a vintage eiderdown or comfort quilt. I regularly covet these eiderdowns at Decorative Country Living. At vintage fairs they tend to be out of my price range. Maybe, just maybe,  I will find one at this week's Vintage Fair at St. Gemma's in Leeds.

In the meantime I will content myself with this little project; a bit of crazy patchwork for a cushion cover. My favourite fabric is on the bottom left. What's your favourite kind of fabric?

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I can decide what sort of fabric I love best, though I did pick up some lovely old curtain fabric a few weeks ago - roses in muted tones, which I am rather fond of.Your patchwork looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cushion cover looks gorgeous! I have to say i do love a bit of Cath Kidston fabric!
    New header again too! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x