Sunday 18 September 2011

~My key ingredients from Quay Ingredients~

I'd like to sing the praises of Quay Ingredients and display their smart logo linking to their website. I discovered Quay Ingredients herbs and spices about 2 years ago in a shop in Boston Spa near Wetherby as I was searching for more unusual ingredients to use in my chutneys and preserves. I found them excellent quality and liked the size and style of the packaging.  In addition to this, I found that they are from a family run Yorkshire company, run by Ian and Deana Southworth, and it's important to me to support Yorkshire produce.  They have got a vast range of herbs, spices and spice mixes for cooks, bakers and preservers.
 I use their vanilla pods, cumin, Ras el Hanout, cinnamon, pickling spices and cinnamon sticks to name a few! 
Ian and Deana's herb and spice business started in 2000 in Ilkley, and is now based near Skipton in North Yorkshire, on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park and just a stones throw away from the beautiful Forest of Bowland. Both are keen cooks and were dissatisfied with the products on offer at the time. So they launched their business supplying an extensive range of the finest quality herbs, spices and ingredients. These are now available to buy direct and through a wide selection of farm shops, delicatessen and fine food retailers; the packaging is really attractive and I especially like their, as they say, sensible sized ‘no-nonsense’ packs meant for the serious cook. All their products are GMO free and contain no artificial flavour, colour or preservatives.
I can't praise them highly enough and am extremely pleased to have their support with making my baking as tasty as possible at future Time for Tea afternoon tea events.
Please note that Saturday 1st October is now sold out - I have decided to donate all proceeds on that day to Macmillan Cancer Relief Coffee Morning fundraising and sell raffle tickets for their funds too. I will promise to announce more Time for Tea dates on the supperclub website ASAP.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x