Monday 5 September 2011

~Knitting Project~

So I know I didn't learn to crochet and dispel my 'crochet-fear' in the summer hols; but I have met some nice ladies via Clandestine Cake Club and lovely Joanne from Wool & Buttons, who may help me with that challenge soon! My Louisa Harding Fleuris wool in Meteor arrived quickly from Wool & Buttons with some advice to help me with the cable cast-on method and a recommendation for this tea cosy pattern book (have already ordered it!)
So, I have started my coveted cardigan (only 2 months after I blogged about it on 14th June) on these gorgeous bamboo needles and learned something new.


 I think I should have knitted into the back of the 'YO' loop- I knitted into the front and the result is not as lacy...

...but I like it. Wonder how long it will take me to finish it?

2 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty edging - I have a cardi which is hibernating because of the twisted cable rib!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! A small step for mankind...but a BIG step for me learning something new! I vow not to be put off by scary new skills...next step knitting in the round...

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x