Saturday 11 August 2012

~Seaside Trip~


We've just come back from 6 days in Chateau H (our caravan) and we have survived intact!
Our first 2 nights we were parked on our friends drive in Filey - a fantastic bungalow holiday home in which the fittings are the late 70s, early 80's intact, for example a brilliant formica kitchen with sliding doors and rose-patterned carpets...I love these glass doors and the display of pottery...










Filey beach - Lovely weather...a few showers but gloriously warm...

I love Swing Boats...

















Beach chalets at Filey... I like the colours...available for hire right on
the beach - Baker's Beach Chalets on the Coble Landing. Another nostalgic
 moment, they remind me so much of East Coast holidays with my Nana and Grandad...


The fantastic view of the Vale of Pickering and the Wolds from Lebberston Touring Park...

Then we moved on to Lebberston Touring Park,
a couple of miles outside Filey on the way to
Scarborough - an immaculately run 5* site- highly recommended...

J enjoying a hot chocolate in a melamine mug whilst wearing Dad's essential caravanning hat...


Tired Small Dog gets cosy under blankets in Chateau H...





Imposing 12 foot tall iron Fisherman statue on Filey seafront by artist Ray Lonsdale read about it here
We thought Sterchi's had closed down, but- hurrah!- thay'd just moved round the corner!

Long live Sterchi's and their enormous chocolate drops and Rose and Violet creams!
Beautiful boats at the Coble landing, Filey...


Cocoa in Scarboro' - a retro sweet shop with a fab collection of vintage confectionery ephemera in the window...


My first Wonka Bar (It's my all-time favourite film...)

"I got a Golden Ticket!" (Don't tell me that they're in every bar...)

Love this Fudge Shop display with shelves groaning under the weight of goodies, and the pom-pom shelf trim


Sorry for the sweetie and chocolate emphasis in this post - we did do lots more, I promise...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x