Thursday 17 January 2013

~Comfort Food~

It's already half-way through (Dry) January, with it's healthy eating and exercise attempts.  This week Kettlercise was enjoyable and not as painful post-session! Today, I was one of 5 people at work who bought the Hairy Dieters book from The Book People for £5...
I really enjoyed the series which was on TV just after Christmas, where both Si and Dave lost loads of weight.  Now I know what I should and shouldn't eat (and drink) to lose weight; but I've found these recipes really interesting with their normal meal ideas with a fair chunk of the calories knocked off. Tonight I made their Southern-style Jambalaya...
...without the prawns *bleurrrgh* and I would like to report it was delicious - real comfort food for a sub-zero evening!

8 comments:

  1. Hi sally ,my daughter got me this book.As soon as the new cooker arrives monday i'll be trying it out.

    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter got me this for Christmas. I have made a few of the recipes and they are all really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book it has really helped me..good luck
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive never watched that programme but I've watched others and been to slimming clubs so I know what and what not to eat......I just don't do it!! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. We didn't watch that, though we normally love the Hairy Bikers. That book may be one to put on the Amazon list, though!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspired by the series, I bought this book too. Love it (and leave out the prawns too!). xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sally that book does look good but I tend to buy cook books and then they disappear somewhere never to be seen again.The dish you made does look gorgeous though and I love prawns so would make it with them included.Keep warm and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to find recipies that taste good without all the guilt! I'll definitely be looking out for this book. Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x