Saturday 8 October 2011

~Weekend ramblings, pictures & lots of links!~

Greeted on Friday night by a lovely parcel from Seasalt - a mini jute bag as a prize for enering their photo competition!  (I added the padded fish as a seaside touch!) Thankyou lovely Cornish Seasalt!

Nice quiet Friday evening watching telly and knitting...finished another tea cosy!

This morning I got up really to go to York Car Boot sale with my friend and fellow thrifter Donna. (Donna has a lovely Yorkshire based business called Sugar Pie Lemon Drop selling clothes, jewellery, gifts and accessories.)
Thankfully we were alerted by my friend Jo that the races were ON so the car boot was OFF. Thankyou Jo!
(Jo is another creative and clever lady and has a fab York-based business, called Hello Lola, selling handbags and accessories.)
So back to bed for me with crumpets and lemon curd and a big mug of tea!
I decided to go have a mooch around the St. Gemma's Hospice Autumn Fair in Leeds which started at 10am. Fantastic event again, with some quality stalls with great Christmas present ideas and craft supplies.

I bought these corsages from Butterfly Garden who sells on Folksy...
                .....and these glass jars from the Hospice shop, which are now the home for my 2011 Sloe Gin!


1 pint of (Aldi) Gin, 8oz caster sugar and plenty of sloes (I freeze mine, then they are nicely macerated and pop when they defrost).
At the Autumn Fair I chatted to Margaret who I met at Clandestine Cake Club (@MaggyAnne on Twitter) who is a gardener and florist and had a really pretty stall with her plants, flowers and handpainted signs - check out her fab blog here.
Leeds Clandestine Cake Club is on Monday so these sugar-paste tomatoes (no they are not strawberries) are a sneak preview of my Italian-themed cake...


I had lots of (real) free veggies in the garage too, home-grown and given to me - so spent a couple of hours soup-making...parsnip with mango chutney, and winter vegetable with fresh herbs.

 I can feel winter coming and need to fill the freezer!
Have a lovely weekend x

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of weekend. Gorgeous tea cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou very much! I needed a quiet home-based weekend, it's been very productive in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back to bed with tea and crumpets seems like quite a good alternative to the carboot! Love the glass jars , and the teacosy is fab. Must get started on the one I'm going to make my Mum for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your new tea cosy... very cute!.. I just got myself a tea cosy pattern book from the knitting and stitching show... can't wait to get started

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x