Saturday 18 February 2012

~Aberford Interiors visit~

On the way back from visiting a friend, I called in at Aberford Interiors for what I call an inspirational mooch...( I was very good at sticking to my resolutions and didn't buy anything!)
It's an interiors shop I have visited many times over the last 10 years, and is a liitle too handy for me, being just 5 miles down the road in the pretty village of Aberford.  This is the lovely building it's housed in...
Aberford Interiors, Hicklam House, Aberford LS25 3DP
see here for location and opening times
(Image from Aberford Interiors website)

... the upstairs is a private residence, but downstairs the shop consists of an interesting warren of charming period showrooms and roomsets, including Neptune kitchens, Farrow & Ball, Emma Bridgewater, St Eval candles, Avoca linens, Betty Boyns textiles, Sophie Allport pottery and textiles, Garden Trading, Biggie Best lamps and cushions, glassware, Sophie Conran, and many more. They also have a few tables in the sunny front room where you can have tea, coffee and homemade cake whilst leafing through the pile of Country Living magazines.
There's also a new vintage section I discovered today, where I coveted this old French armchair recovered in Vanessa Arbuthnott fabric...

...out of my budget at £595, but gorgeous all the same.
There are also child and adult arts and crafts classes available in the art gallery area.  Well worth a visit if you're anywhere near - they are closed on Mondays but open the rest of the week.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sally, Thanks for the lovely get well comment on my blog! You know how they moan about us being off work though!
    I love Aberford interiors.I have had some Emma Bridgewater from there.I just love it.Very expensive there though but as you say its nice for inspiration.Lovely to see you and your lovely mum last weekend! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally, thanks for sharing this, I recall the name Aberford for some reason from when I used to work in the Rothwell area but I don't know this place. It looks brilliant and sounds like there's plenty to potter around, something else to go on my to do list!
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the term inspirational mooch! I do a lot of that but have been calling it pottering.
    I used to have the very same Vanessa fabric as blinds in my sitting room but sold them with the house.
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cor that sounds like my kind of place...I love that chair...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally just popping in to let you know I have nominated you for The versatile blogger award,hope you will accept it.You can find all the details on my blog.Love Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I covet that chair as well! Sounds like a fantastic day x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x