Monday 19 November 2012

~It's a Cracker!~

I can't abide spending my money on things like Christmas Crackers, though the kids would fall out with me if I *bah humbug* didn't buy any.  Frugal solution follows...
Buy Tesco Value Crackers - 10 for the sum of 96p.  I couldn't buy the cardboard for that, so I thought I would use them as a starting point.
I bought 2 packs of cute chocolate Christmas puds from Co Op for £2  (I had more than enough so ate these ones that were left)
I carefully dismantled the cracker - they'd glued the cracker-snappy thing to the card so I snipped it and reglued it after generously filling the cracker with choccies...
I dispensed with the nasty plastic toy...
Added some vintage eiderdown fabric scraps, gingham ribbon and hearts...


Thrify crackers total cost £2.96

13 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea Sally, they look gorgeous!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - they look amazing! Great idea!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always make my own crackers. I can't abide the plastic tat that comes in bought ones and love that I can tailor the cracker to the person. However, I have to admit that I have never thought about dismantling some bought ones - that makes it a lot easier than cutting out new ones! Inspired idea! M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look really designer! What a great idea. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea..I have made mine in the past but this is much cheaper to do
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh lovely Sally, what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely idea, and so much nicer knowing you made them. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a good idea. They look lovely too. I think I might give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's my kind of cracker Sally, brilliant thrifty idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the fact that there were plenty of spare chocs to scoff afterwards! Great idea, I might nab that one, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a really good idea - I have a kit that I bought in the Jan sales and thought that was a good buy at 2.99! I always like the idea of adapting things to your own tastes - its the way to go
    Thank you for dropping by
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x