Saturday 24 November 2012

~Lovely Shop Bespoke Country~

In the Summer when we were caravanning in 'Chateau H' at Filey, I discovered a gorgeous shop in Scarborough called Bespoke Country. I love finding a shop that is filled with things I like, and just that bit different to other shops.  They do mail order too, and have a lovely website where you can buy online and pay by card or Paypal here

Image from www.bespokecountry.co.uk
I bought a lovely handmade sign for the caravan and also a pack of 16 10cmx10cm Tilda fabric patchwork squares (I think I paid £4.50) which I'm just machine sewing now to make a cushion cover. I join mine in numbered strips once I've laid them out into a pleasing arrangement.  Here it is in progress...

Lots and lots to look at in this shop - vintage style interiors, handmade shaker-style signs customised while you wait, fabrics, Emma Bridgewater pottery, handknitted tea cosies, giftware, fabric, ribbons and buttons...I'll definitely call in again when we're next at the coast. They also have a blog too called 'Red House' which can be found at http://redhousechronicles-jenny.blogspot.co.uk/

Bespoke Country
18 Bar Street
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
YO11 2HT
Tel: 01723 378728
Open: Mon-Sat, 10-5

...have a lovely weekend, we are lucky tonight, having been invited to a friend's house who is a fab cook so I'm looking forward to some gorgeous Indian food. Not sure how I am going to squeeze in my party dress this festive season but never mind...

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of shop Sally! We are going for a chinese meal tonight with four other couples and my waistline is forever expanding.Saffy at work tells me I need some fat for my oestrogen levels but that doesnt console me at all!!! Enjoy your Indian food, I much prefer it to chinese but hey ho, I love eating anyway.X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh what a gorgeous shop, I best not look til after Christmas :) too much temptation! I gave up fitting into my party dress a long time ago :) enjoy the scrummy Indian food,
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they used to be in Whitby or one with similar name. Some gorgeous items.
    Hope you enjoy your supper.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I hope that you have a great time with your friends. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I don't know this shop but it sounds like I need to find it, excellent patchwork.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x