Friday 11 January 2013

~Keeping Fit and trying new things~

I'm glad it's Friday and the weekend is stretching out ahead, snow or not.  I'm nearly back to normal physically today as Tuesday's induction to Kettlercise left me in lactic-acid muscle agony - and I thought I was relatively fit. After 1 day I needed help to be rolled out of bed, and by day 2 I was making loud involuntary noises when moving, even sitting down on the loo was acutely painful! Despite my poor achey thighs and bum, I am returning for another dose next week!  To burn some calories I have been to work on the train this week, as I've been office-based in York and not needed my car.  A return ticket was £5.20 which was cheaper than petrol and actually quicker than by car. It's been bright and cold while I walked the 15 minutes to work, 15 minutes back to the station and another 15 minutes from the village station to my house. Apart from the fitness aspect who can argue with this as a view when you're walking to work?  I love crossing Lendal Bridge to see the Minster looming, especially on a bright day.
Image courtesy of www.yorkshirewalks.org
The only downside was sitting next to 2 men loudly and lovingly compare the intricacies of their smartphones contract and battery capacity.  I do like my peace and quiet, but it was better than driving in rush-hour traffic. I read my (real) book on the train, but it's not the norm now. As usual I am outdated; but I see that as a good thing!

5 comments:

  1. I love train travel too - so much more relaxing than driving.
    I have never heard of Kettlercise but it sounds very painful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work (I winced whilst reading this!) :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have enjoyed your work journey :) have a wonderful weekend sweetie

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much more relaxing on the train. Shame about the men/Boys!
    Pleased it hasn't snowed yet.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kettlercise is a new one on me too Sally! Sounds like hard work though. I am starting to walk to work when I am working in Wakefield.Its about an hour each way although I can get a lift back with Tony. Not only that I am trying desperately to cut back and lose a good half stone. Admittedly though the walk to wakefield doesnt have the same aesthetic appeal as yours does!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x