Friday, 17 October 2014

~Catching Up~

At the end of a tiring week leaving home at 7am for work every morning (I look and feel rubbish!) I am quickly popping in to do a ta-da of my latest chair project.  All the chairs in this house are vintage ones which have had a makeover. I thought I'd show the chair I've painted for Laura's bedroom.   I posted a photo of this on Instagram earlier in the week.  The solid wood chair was in a family shed, rescued and given to me.  It was in bad condition with a PVC seat, but as you can see it's a lovely shape so just needed a good scrub, rub down and paint.
 
I used the Laura Ashley eggshell in Duck Egg blue I had left over from my sewing room chair project. The method here was 1 coat of primer, followed by 3 thin coats of eggshell, gently rubbing down between coats.

 
I then used fine glasspaper to distress the edges, and finished with a wiped-on coat of clear wax and a good buff with a cloth.  The finish is lovely and satiny smooth - worth the effort.

 
The seat pad was repadded with cotton wadding from Dunelm and recovered in this lovely duck egg check linen fabric (£19.99 per metre - Dunelm) I've enough to make some cushions too.

 
Just need to repaint her room now - but that will have to wait until half-term!
Hope you like it. 
Have a lovely weekend x

8 comments:

  1. What a great job love the colour of paint and the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chair, what a transformation. P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so lovely Sally, a really pretty chair. Isn't it funny that no matter how many long hours we work there's ALWAYS time for a bit of crafting - true therapy for the soul. have a lovely weekend, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty! And this type of re do is so satisfying . Makes the heart happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou...especially satisfying and special as it was from my Nana's shed who passed away last year x

      Delete
  5. Love what you have done with the chair, I'm in a 'duck egg blue' colour phase at the moment so love the colour too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a really pretty shade of grey and the fabric really complements it , well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great! Take a before pic next time! That's the hardest part. When I'm on a roll I get stuck in and forget to do that. x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x