Friday 17 October 2014

~Catching Up~

At the end of a tiring week leaving home at 7am for work every morning (I look and feel rubbish!) I am quickly popping in to do a ta-da of my latest chair project.  All the chairs in this house are vintage ones which have had a makeover. I thought I'd show the chair I've painted for Laura's bedroom.   I posted a photo of this on Instagram earlier in the week.  The solid wood chair was in a family shed, rescued and given to me.  It was in bad condition with a PVC seat, but as you can see it's a lovely shape so just needed a good scrub, rub down and paint.
 
I used the Laura Ashley eggshell in Duck Egg blue I had left over from my sewing room chair project. The method here was 1 coat of primer, followed by 3 thin coats of eggshell, gently rubbing down between coats.

 
I then used fine glasspaper to distress the edges, and finished with a wiped-on coat of clear wax and a good buff with a cloth.  The finish is lovely and satiny smooth - worth the effort.

 
The seat pad was repadded with cotton wadding from Dunelm and recovered in this lovely duck egg check linen fabric (£19.99 per metre - Dunelm) I've enough to make some cushions too.

 
Just need to repaint her room now - but that will have to wait until half-term!
Hope you like it. 
Have a lovely weekend x

9 comments:

  1. What a great job love the colour of paint and the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chair, what a transformation. P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so lovely Sally, a really pretty chair. Isn't it funny that no matter how many long hours we work there's ALWAYS time for a bit of crafting - true therapy for the soul. have a lovely weekend, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty! And this type of re do is so satisfying . Makes the heart happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou...especially satisfying and special as it was from my Nana's shed who passed away last year x

      Delete
  5. Love what you have done with the chair, I'm in a 'duck egg blue' colour phase at the moment so love the colour too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a really pretty shade of grey and the fabric really complements it , well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great! Take a before pic next time! That's the hardest part. When I'm on a roll I get stuck in and forget to do that. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finding high quality information like this online has become rare. I must say I'm super impressed by your dedication to provide us with valuable info on such scale. We try to make dreams come true for people who want the NCLEX CERTIFICATE FOR SALE ONLINE​ ​ to better their lives. Keep up the good work mate. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x